Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shoo Earl, don't bother me


I must be the world’s most inconsistent blogger…oh well, it is what it is.

Caroline, Mum, and I have just returned from a trip to New York and Massachusetts. The “reason” we went was for my cousins Tom’s wedding. As an aside, the last time I was there was when my cousin Lauren married her husband Tom and now I went back for her brother Tom to marry his wife Lauren. Isn’t that funny? I find it amusing.

Because Mum had not been to see Chris and Katy in NYC so we decided to fly there and hang out for a couple days and then drive to Boston for the wedding. In the beginning of the week there was a lot of talk about Hurricane Earl and I was pretty sure we picked the worst week ever to head to New England. But, Earl stayed clear and we were good to go.

We had a great time in the city and sometimes I think to myself, “you only live once, why wouldn’t you live in NYC?” I realize I still have a “dream like” idea about New York, but I can’t help but love it there. Once we got to Massachusetts we went to my Aunt Jan’s house and had the best time. I wish my kids would get along like her girls do…I don’t think they ever fight. Granted, they are now young adults, but even so they are amazing, smart, athletic girls who are just as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside. Caroline loved being around them…they make excellent role models.

My aunts make me laugh. They are some of my favorite people and I have the best memories of them from when I was younger. Their homes make me smile, maybe because they are a constant and I remember being there as a kid. My Mum is blessed to have sisters…I wish Caroline had a sister.

The air was cool and houses were old. The roads were winding and the accents were a hoot. I just love it there. I keep telling myself that the winters are cold and the college is pricey. I would live there…Jeff would too.
Above is a photo we took in Plymouth. We saw the Plymouth Rock and it was pretty anticlimactic…but even still it is an area that is incredible rich in history.

No comments: